Hotkey spammer/repeater app.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by donjao, Jun 30, 2009.

1. donjao macrumors member

Hi everyone.

Does anybody know some application, that could behave like this:

Press down F14, and while it's held down, it triggers actual key press evrey 200ms, and finally when you release F14 key, key press spam stops.

Apps I tried: iKey 2, Keyboard Maestro, QuicKeys 4, MadRuby and AppleScript.

None of these is capable of keeping the frequency about 5 presses a second sustained. Some add delay, some just aren't allowing to repeat same action, some just does not work.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong or something. However, I could see a possible use of AppleScript, but I don't know how to trigger the script properly. Is there a way to bind some hotkey to start the spam applescript and to turn it off, and again?

Or maybe there's even better app for that.

Thanks in advance.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

If you explain why you want to do this, perhaps we could offer a more sane solution.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Are you trying to get us to help you send spam e-mail? You won't get help on that here.

4. donjao thread starter macrumors member

Hey guys.

No, lol, i do not to spam your emails. I just play WoW and got annoyed to spam a key press.

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

That still doesn't explain exactly what you're doing. I don't play WoW and have no idea what "to spam a key press" means.