Hotmail and MS Exchange on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drewgold, Nov 16, 2009.

1. drewgold macrumors newbie

Hello, anyone know if there is a way to setup an iPhone 3Gs ver. 3 to use Windows Live Hotmail account through Microsoft Exchange?

or some reason my contacts/calendar will not sync with Outlook 2007 and iTunes so I thought this would be a good possible alternative. I know Gmail can be used through MS Exchange to sync email,contacts and calendar and was hoping that this is possible for hotmail as well?

The process for google is described here so you know what I'm talking about:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

Thanks!

2. drewgold thread starter macrumors newbie

FYI, from Microsoft support:

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Mobile Support. My name is Parag. I understand that you need to perform a Exchange Active Sync with your IPHONE device. Please let me know incase I have misunderstood your concern.

However as per my knowledge you can certainly setup your IPHONE to receive email information through an Exchange server. Incase that is what you need to do we suggest that you directly get in touch with the IPHONE support for the setup information.

On the other hand we also need to inform you that this is however not possible with Hotmail accounts since they are not Exchange hosted.

We hope that the above information will help you with your issue. You are a valued Windows Live consumer, and we look forward to providing you with consistent, timely, and effective service.

I guess it's time to switch to Gmail!!