Hotmail Blocking E-Mails from another Hotmail Address (Sender Known) - HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HelixOmnimedia, Oct 5, 2007.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

I hope this is in the right area... it about Hotmail?

I need some help... I've ran into a problem when it comes to receiving e-mails I've created on my Mac which has been sent with one of the Hotmail address to another Hotmail address.

When I send an e-mail from my Mac using Mail.app and my BT E-Mail address - everything work and the message displays without a problem in hotmail online.

When I send the same e-mail from my Mac using Mail.app but using my other Hotmail E-Mail address - the message doesn't open correctly in hotmail online.

It says " This message has been blocked for your safety. Open message" so I click OK. To Display, and sometimes it has an attachment, .doc or .jpg.. it says "Attachments, pictures, and links in this message have been blocked for your safety. Show content" then I click on it to see what is in the e-mail.

Now just did a test, and this also happens if you just send plain text in an e-mail. It blocks the message for my safety. Even though I know who has sent it (ME), and that the person (ME) is added into the contact addresses, and is on the Allow sender and allow mailing list in the options.

What Gives?

Can anyone please help.

Someone else suggested giving up on Hotmail and use Gmail - but I also use MSN? Does that make a different?

2. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

I FOUND THE PROBLEM :(

The messages I send from my Mac Mail Hotmail Address are sent with "izymail" - it was a service/app that allows you to send and receive hotmail e-mail on your computer... This is what's causing the problem, but I'm not too sure on the technical side of why... but although it says its sent with my hotmail address, it must have something to do with the izymail that once its sent and received it displays my hotmail address Izymail must add something or hotmail online detects something which blocks it. Hope that made sense? :confused:

So can anyone suggest any alternative? To create and send hotmail e-mail on a Mac?

Again, Thanks for any information or help.