Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by timkellett, Aug 15, 2009.
can anyone tell me if it's possible to set up my .live account in MacMail??
Yes, very easily, and welcome to the forum.
1. From Mail go to File, Add Account.
2. Enter your name, email address, and password.
3. If Automatically set up account is checked, uncheck it, and click Continue.
4. Set your incoming mail server to pop3.live.com
5. Set your user name to firstname.lastname@example.org. This must match your hotmail email address.
6. Set your password.
7. Set your out going mail server (SMPT) to smtp.live.com
8. Under Use Authentication set your user name to email@example.com. Again this must match your hotmail email address.
9. Set your password.
You can use anything for a description. I used Windows Live Hotmail. Happy emailing
Does Yahoo work or do we still have to pay for the Yahoo Plus?
Yahoo works but I would be surprised if hotmail worked because as far as I knew we had to pay for the premium hotmail for it to work. Or does that whole thing not apply to live accounts because they are separate from hotmail? I always thought they were kind of the same thing just live was newer.
thanks for the help
yes .live accounts do work in MacMail phew... thanks
That is strange.
I use Entourage 2008 and everything works fine but Yahoo!
What settings did you use? I tried the same settings that I have on my WindowsMobile HTC Diamond and my iPhone 3G and none worked for Yahoo on Entourage08
Thanks in advance
Yahoo Plus! is a paid service. Contrary to assertions elsewhere, this service in not available free of charge.
I just set up my yahoo with a POP account. After that your going to need to go to your yahoo mail settings on their website and change the pop/ forwarding settings. I think you just have to change it to allow pop access or something like that. See if that works for you.
I will give it a shot later and let you know when it works.