!!!!Hotmail Issues Nightmare Share your Hotmail stories

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eljanitor, Mar 3, 2011.

1. eljanitor macrumors 6502

eljanitor

I've been using Hotmail for years, and truthfully I never really liked it from the start. Recently someone hacked my old Hotmail account and started spamming everyone on my list. So I contacted Microsoft to let them know someone was spamming from my account etc etc etc. I go to log on a few days later and I cant get in.

Not being too happy I call Microsoft and eventually reach a help desk representative. After being asked'" Which Microsoft product are you calling about?" I'm asked for my product ID or subscription number. I tried telling the rep that it was "free Hotmail." However everytime I said this, I kept getting transferred to some department where they greet you by asking you for your credit card number up front and asking you if you want to proceed with the $100.00 out of warranty support.

What?! I don't remember why I even had the Hotmail account in the first place, I never liked it. I'd get emails sent straight to my spam folder most of the time. At times I wouldn't even receive emails at all from some people who swear they were sending mail to me at times.

I was unable to recover my old email account, and it just wasn't important enough to care about really. However I opened up another hotmail account soon after. ( I just don't know why I did that) It was so similar but worse.

I log in and wait..................wait....................wait...................click inbox...........wait..........wait wait...................(ads loading).............wait ..................wait. Folder loaded, alright lets check out our mail! Click the first new message of the day and....................wait...............wait..................wait....................wait................... Really?!

So I cant remember whether it was a pop up or an email but I remember seeing this twice: "Want a better Hotmail experience? Upgrade to Hotmail for $$.$$" All I could think was ummmmm no thank you.

Then recently I was talking to someone who asked me: "whats up with your hotmail account? I tried sending you several emails did you get them?" After checking the spam folder, and my inbox It was obvious. " Here we go again?"

So feel free to share your hotmail stories with me if you have any. I' will never use that service again.
    :eek:

2. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Did you get a hotmail account before or after MS sank its claws into it? I got my hotmail account before MS took over. It was great for a few years. After MS took over it's been like the Monty Python skit: Spam, Spam, Spam and more Spam.:rolleyes:

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I think I still have a hotmail account. Hell the only thing that is it used for anymore is my Windows Messager log in for some people I chat with. Other wise it goes complete unused. I have not log in to check any email in the account for nearly 10 years now.

Hotmail used to be about the only good game in town for a free email address.
    I went to Gmail like in 2003-2004 and been using that account ever since. It was a huge jump up going from a 10 meg "premium" Yahoo/sbc account to a 1 gig free account. Premium because my parents ISP was SBCglobal and all SBCglobal accounts were considered premium so we got 10 meg inbox's.

Google really changed the game when it brought gmail into the picture.

4. eljanitor thread starter macrumors 6502

eljanitor

No I had my first hotmail account for about 7-9 years. I got it for mainly for MSN Messenger too. That's what kinda ticked me off, because I lost all my contacts there for the most part.

I started using the account for email just because it was there, and after I was locked out and exiled from the account I had to fill out some forms so they could verify my ownership, and maybe then I could get the account back. I guess they don't want to give it back, but really it's just such an inconvenience to use hotmail now that I just don't want it back. Let it take up space on their servers for years as it fills with junk mail.