Hotmail issues on IPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Hitman, Dec 13, 2007.

1. The Hitman macrumors member

The Hitman

This started happen a while go. When I go to Hotmail on you my IPod. I go and type in my username and password, and click "Go". I starts to go but it loops back to the login in screen. It doesn't say "You password is incorrect" or anything like that. I just loops back like I just hit refresh. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

Ye[ same problem on my iPhone. I bought pop access and configured my iPhone to access it like that.

And then got annoyed and switched to googlemail.

3. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

4. mechler macrumors member

Yes, I'm having exactly the same problem and I can't figure out why. Stupid hotmail. Anyone have an explanation?

EDIT: It seems to work ok when accessed through http://mobile.msn.com. I'd still like to know why it doesn't want to work the other way, though.

5. Nosoforos macrumors member

Well, it stopped working on every mac around here a while ago as well, so safari on iPhone/touch won't be different. Hotmail needs to be buried anyway.

6. mechler macrumors member

Really? That's pretty interesting. Not that surprising, but kind of dissapointing. I guess it may be time to get rid of hotmail. Too bad I use it 99% of the time. Stupid hotmail.

7. Lang Murphy macrumors newbie

Hotmail issues on iPod Touch

Well... no issues here. I can logon to Hotmail fine and it "works as expected."

Lang

EDIT: And I'm logging on via hotmail.com, not mobile.msn.com...

8. mechler macrumors member

That makes me think it's a Safari setting that's causing my problem, unless you are using an older software version.

And it's not like it never works - it just takes logging in a bunch of times. It doesn't make sense to me.

9. amymacgov macrumors newbie

apple support - ipod touch and hotmail

12 February
    A new way to get Hotmail on your phone
    We are happy to announce that POP3 technology is now available to Hotmail users in the United States and Brazil in addition to the countries who rolled out the functionality last month (United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands). If you don’t see your country or region in this list, never fear, we’ll be rolling POP3 out to more parts of the world later this year.