Hotmail not working anymore

Discussion in 'macOS' started by computerman-8, Nov 15, 2007.

1. computerman-8 macrumors member

Does anyone else experience problems with hotmail? I don't know if it's because I switched to Leopard or Safari 3 but it just gives me a message saying:

- This site may be experiencing a problem.
    - The site may not be a member of Windows Live ID.

2. John01021988 macrumors 6502

3. stekerrod macrumors regular

i've had similar issues getting onto hotmail......even when i was using safari 2 with tiger i still had issues so i dont think mine are down to issues with safari 3

4. scott523 macrumors 6502a

That's not gonna cut it for me. I'll need some screen shot if you want me to believe what you just said. How can you say it works fine if you can't even get to www.hotmail.com in SAFARI...???

This is NOT Firefox and this is one of the reasons why I'll probably never switch to Safari, not to mention the lack of an Ad-Blocker.

5. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

I don't understand all the technical aspects of it, but I think it has to do with the cookies. If you "reset Safari" you'll be able to get into Hotmail once, but it'll fail on subsequent attempts.

I haven't had issues with other sites and Safari 3, so I'm assuming this is Microsoft trying to be clever.

6. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I had the same issue, the only way around it for me was to reset Safari from the Safari menu, but of a pain as it deletes all history, cookie etc.

7. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

I've been unable to log onto MSN Messenger all afternoon, so there are probably faults at Microsoft's end (though of course their status page denies this fact!)

8. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

i'm also having problems, everytime i log in, in need to do it twice, because the first time never works, i also have to many times first log off on the msn site and the log in back on the mail.live.com site...
    it's really annoying, i don't use it anymore, only for the people who i chat with, but i prefer Gmail.

9. welshy1812 macrumors member

I had the same problem, when trying to access Hotmail there seemed to be 2 or 3 URLs that kept popping into the address bar and it just kept bouncing from one to the next and so on.

I've semi solved the problem by going to www.msn.com then to spaces and selecting hotmail from there, works fine for me on Safari v3.0.4.

10. stewacide macrumors regular

yup, I think it's an incompatibility with Safari 3, I just enter from Live.com

11. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Ok I take back the first part.. That Safari reset worked. Still... there's no Ad-Blocker and there are numerous sites that just don't work with Safari.

12. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

Popular sites frequently visited or obscure sites? I'm just curious, because since switching to Safari 3 the only site I've had issues with is Hotmail. Everything else has worked fine.

13. theblotted macrumors regular

theblotted

workaround fix:

Preferences -> Security -> Show Cookies -> (search prompt, type:) live -> select all -> delete -> done.

this will delete the cookies dealing with this nonsense page, and will reset it. also, the above will allow you to keep your other cookie/settings so you won't have to retype everything.

frustrating, still looking for a better solution.