Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dboutet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Recently for the past week or so, my i haven't been able to log in to my hotmail account on safari? I've had the problem in the past and I used toeclear the history and reboot safari and everything would be alright, however, I've tried this many times and have had no luck for the past week or so? Does anyone have any answers???????

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
It is because hotmail was updated to something like windows live or something. It is not compatible with safari, but it will work fine in firefox.

dboutet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Ya it works on my firefox. That's really stupid though that it won't work on safari. Any expected fix? What's all this talk about "debug"? sorry I'm kind of a n00b

MistaBungle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2005
Sometimes I get an error that I cannot log in. I click the link from Messenger and it just loops in Safari and finally saying that there is an error. Time usually heals this. Or just logging in under my Windows partition.

It's annoying though. Very.

montycat

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2007
Florida
It works fine for me in Safari. For me, it works when I access Hotmail through "My MSM". I clicked on sign up for Windows Live and since then I am able to open Hotmail on Safari. MC

Danillo

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2007
Mexico
Fix

The above link show how to delete cookies from safari, but you dont have to delete all the cookies, just search for "live" and "msn" and delete those, thats it.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
When I try the url changes every second for a while then:

Windows Live ID is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
This site may be experiencing a problem.
The site may not be a member of Windows Live ID.

kboy667

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2008
I have a FIX

i didnt want to delete my hotmail and have to tell everyone a new addy and stuff so heres what you do.

go to login.live.com and sign in then after you are signed in go to hotmail.com and it will take you to your inbox. by the way im using safari on Windows its really awesome. :):):) hope this helps.

-------EDIT--------
just seconds after posting i read the above about the cookies it works to just fine and its faster so ya. try it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.