Hotmail/outlook acting up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by karlsmacpro, Oct 2, 2014.

1. karlsmacpro macrumors member

I'm running a macbookpro on 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.10

For the past 2-3 weeks I've noticed when in my hotmail account it sometimes does things unexpected, like not deleting an email when I want to, and not scrolling up/down to the next email. Has anyone else noticed anything odd, and what, if anything, can I do?

Thanks,

KM

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

I use Hotmail via the mac Mail app and have no issues. However, I'm connected via IMAP, not the conventional POP. Are you using Mail to access Hotmail or just the web?

3. MacTCE macrumors 6502

Just an additional question, when you're using the web what browser are you using?

4. karlsmacpro thread starter macrumors member

Hello to you both,

I'm not accessing through the mac MAIL app. I don't have any issues with the MAIL app.

I'm accessing it directly through the internet and the hotmail page with "automatic login". I'm using Safari 5.1.10 but have also tried Google Chrome and experience the same issue. To be more precise for one of the issues - when I'm click on one of the emails in the inbox to expand it and then try to delete that single email by clicking on the "delete" button in the toolbar towards the top, sometimes nothing happens, and I have to return to the main list of emails in the inbox and delete it from there. This is just one of the "niggly" things that I have started to notice over the past few weeks. I have not changed anything intentionally in my settings etc either before or since this started occurring.

Thanks for any suggestions.

----------

Just an additional thought. I've also noticed that sometimes some of the emails in my "inbox" get transferred into the "pop" folder without me doing anything, and I then have to manually move them back into the inbox. Don't know if this helps "diagnose" the overall problem. Thanks again.

KM