Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kksf9717

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
London
Hi there,

I recently updated my hotmail account on Entourage - BIG MISTAKE. It was working fine before I updated and now I can't check my mail as regularly as I used to (which I have now fixed) but I cannot send emails from my hotmail account at all. This is frustrating as I use it like a work email, and don't want to send email from another account. I have followed the guides that tell me what settings to use, but it's useless. I could do with some help.

Thanks.

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
Can you post a screenshot of your settings?

What happens when you try to send a message? Do you get an error message? Does it just get stuck in your outbox? Something else?

Regards,
Nadyne.

kksf9717

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
London
This is it, I use the settings that are listed on the web page:

http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?market=en-US&project=MailClassic&querytype=topic&query=WL_Mail_PROC_EntourageDAV.htm

I've attached pictures of what everything looks like. But in case it doesn't show up, the error I get when I send mail out is: "An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic."

I'm rather fed up because it just won't send. I've deleted the account for the time being because it's just easier (for now) to use it on the web, although I prefer using Entourage.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Attachments

• pop settings.jpg
    pop settings.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 47
  • SMTP settings.jpg
    SMTP settings.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 68
  • sending error.jpg
    sending error.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 50

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
Can you try to create a new Hotmail account in Entourage? Make sure you're up-to-date with your Office updates first (currently 12.2.1), since we added auto-discovery of Hotmail settings in an update.

To give you fair warning, I'm just about to leave on a business trip, and I don't know if I'll have time to check in here while I'm travelling. To get this working faster, you might be better off calling tech support. With your purchase of Office 2008, you get two free calls to tech support. You can get the right number for your area at our website. Alternately, you can try the Entourage product forums.

Whatever you do, it would probably be useful if you posted the solution back here, in case someone else in the future has the same issue.

Regards,
Nadyne.

kksf9717

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
London
Thanks for getting back to me - I tried redoing the accounts before - erasing and re-adding, but I got fed up of having to keep redownloading all my mail as it was such a time waster. So I've change to Mac Mail and it works perfectly.

My only issue now is to make the mailbox font bigger! But thanks for the help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.