hotmail problems with safari and firefox

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pnutrox, Mar 16, 2008.

1. pnutrox macrumors newbie

Hi ,
    i cannot seem to be able to get to the log in page of hotmail from safari. If I use firefox, I can get in but when I go back the main msn page it has text only. Can anyone help?
    thanks

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i can get into it fine... im asuming your talking about this page? try resetting Safari. you can leave stuff such as history, autofill, web icons and passwords but make sure you delete the cache, cookies and close Safari windows.

3. pnutrox thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Any idea on Firefox? I have I mac with OSX 10.4.1

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

so does it work in Safari now? why not just use Safari?

to 'reset' Firefox click "Clear Private Data…" in the Tools menu. make sure "Cookies" and "Cache" are ticked.

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea i have the same problem, when i go to log in it seems like it cant decide what site to finally rest on... my firefox works though

6. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

This is an old bug that lies between safari and hotmail.

Solution is to go to

www.msn.com

and then click signout and then click the link on that page to get you to hotmail.

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

dont work for me

oh wait: yes it does!!! thankyou very muchly

8. Vernaleq macrumors newbie

more problems with hotmail on firefox and safari!

So, I've been having a strange problem with hotmail. Whenever I log in on my mac 10.5, the page showing my inbox has icons out of place and larger than normal, some lines missing and disabled links to my emails. I can't compose emails or read emails in my inbox. Does anyone out there have a suggestion other than clear your cache or reset Safari and Firefox. I've already tried this and it doesn't work. I've also tried changing the user on both programs hoping that my settings would be restored. This did not work either.
    -Vernaleq

9. omarbeh macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. The solution is to reset Safari only remove the cookies and u will be able to log in to Hotmail.

10. guaraguara macrumors newbie

safari and hotmail problems

Hey I am having problems with Safari and Hotmail. I cannot attach any document in my hotmail account any ideas on how can I fix this?