Hotmail Push on Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jeff5886, May 8, 2011.

1. Jeff5886 macrumors regular

I want to set up my hotmail through the native mail program on my 2011 MBP. I do not want to use the pop settings. On my ipad, I can use the microsoft exchange option and put in hotmail settings and I get hotmail push emails. Can I do this with the native mail app on OS X?

Also, with the iphoto program, can I get it to monitor my photo folders for new photos? also, can I get it to allow me to view my photos by what folder they are in?

Thanks

2. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Regarding your hotmail question, I'd like to know also. I believe mac os lion's mail app will be like the ipad version plus supporting exchange.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

You should just be able to copy the settings straight from the iOS mail app to the OSX mail app.

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I thought Hotmail only allows exchange on mobile devices or through the hotmail app in windows.

OP, I had this problem and became sick of it. Last year I switched to Gmail, and used the inbuilt fetch to get my emails to come over from Hotmail to Gmail. Then gradually told everyone my new email. Gmail is much better.