Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coday182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Jamestown, IN
When i get my Mac can I use Hotmail in OSX's Mail program? If not what are some good free email services to use with it.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Please note that Microsoft doesn't like third party email clients (such as Mail) from accessing Hotmail so as a rule, newer Hotmail accounts do not work with HTTPMail. :eek:

I use my ISP-provided email service. It's fast and has no quotas. See if our ISP offers something similar. :)

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
However, the BEST free email service I have used is gmail. http://www.gmail.com I can send you an invite if you would like. Its great. It also has a really nice web interface. The web interface is almost better then some email clients.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
mad jew said:
Please note that Microsoft doesn't like third party email clients (such as Mail) from accessing Hotmail so as a rule, newer Hotmail accounts do not work with HTTPMail. :eek:

I use my ISP-provided email service. It's fast and has no quotas. See if our ISP offers something similar. :)

Hell it doesn't even like its own crap... I have hotmail. and a Windows mobile 5.0 phone, and hotmail acted real screwy on my phone then when using the mobile outlook express type thing... That and hotmail gets millions of billions of spam... they have to be the worst... so that killed my phone too, but not the point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.