Hotmail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmapple, Jul 2, 2007.

1. rmapple macrumors newbie

rmapple

I've tried to setup HOTMAIL on my iPhone through IzyMail <v3.izymail.com > with no success! Anyone has done it or know of some step-by-step instructions? I signed up with Izymail already but can't set it up on my iPhone. Help!

2. Furgster macrumors 6502

Furgster

never heard of that service, it was my understanding that you couldnt get hotmail

3. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

If anyone figures this out I will be insanely greatfull. I really want my email on my iphone, but Ive had my hotmail account for about 9 years and really dont want to have to change to a new address, it'll be a nightmare!

4. brewser macrumors regular

I set it up to try and it works pretty good. I followed the instructions of what to put in each box. It's right on their first page.

5. rmapple thread starter macrumors newbie

rmapple

I tried that but couldn't get it to work, what should i put for server (in.izymail.com) username/password and same for (out.izymail.com)

6. brewser macrumors regular

Yes to both. When you sign up for izymail you use the user name and password that you use for MSN. You need to type that in both boxes for in and out on the iPhone.

7. rmapple thread starter macrumors newbie

rmapple

Got it! Thanks! So, is this a good resource to get Hotmail? I mean, security wise. Does it download to my iPhone or stays in some kind of server?

8. brewser macrumors regular

I really don't know. I just found a thread today discussing this and tried it out. You should read their privacy statement.

9. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

10. MBM007 macrumors regular

short term solution

Does anyone know of a way that doesn't expire in 20 days....I really don't wanna pay any other additional fees

11. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

here is what I have done -

I use HTTPmail in Mail on my Mac to get my hotmail (its free).

I set up a rule to place any mail I recieve from my family/friends group in my contacts to be put into my .mac folder. This auto syncs any mail I get to my IMAP account on .mac and thus on my phone.

here are the only cravats for now:

1) Have to leave a computer on with mail on all the time
    2) Have to have an IMAP account (I use .mac but you could use any other IMAP account)
    3) iPhone wont let you change the reply address to the original email address the message was sent to (it does this in Mail on a Mac fine.)

12. MBM007 macrumors regular

plunge

I just took the plunge and signed up....I hate wasting dinero but I've had my same hotmail address since I first got on the web 12 or so years ago.
    Anyways, the service so seems to be alright....DUring the YEAR period I plan on slowly setting up a new account....I'd like that new one to be one that I dont' have to change....any recommendations???