Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H0mersimps0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
So in my other thread it was definitely said AT&T had no hotspot capabilities what so ever (now/at first)

I went to the apple store to trade in my AT&T iPad 3 and the apple store dork said AT&T does have hotspot data plan + $30 for tethering available now.

So, well what is it? Don't post if you don't know I'm tired of the heresay and speculation.

(posted from my Verizon iPad on LTE as driving on 95 to FL)

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
The apple rep got confused.

AT&T does not currently support hotspot from new iPad. They are still evaluating it. That is official stance.

What the rep was getting confused about was the hotspot tethering plan from the iPhone/android AT&T phones. In that's case you must be on a tiered data plan like a $30/3Gb data plan. Pay $20 extra. So you plan becomes officially a 5GB data pro plan where u are tether or use your iPhone data up to 5gb inclusive of all data

So if u use 4 GB a month from iPhone that leaves you will 1GB to tether using other devices like laptop or wifi only iPad.

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
So in my other thread it was definitely said AT&T had no hotspot capabilities what so ever (now/at first)

I went to the apple store to trade in my AT&T iPad 3 and the apple store dork said AT&T does have hotspot data plan + $30 for tethering available now.

So, well what is it? Don't post if you don't know I'm tired of the heresay and speculation.

(posted from my Verizon iPad on LTE as driving on 95 to FL)

Why are you on an iPad while driving?! You're going to kill someone!

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
1) OP - your thread title and tone does not invite polite response
2) You could search yourself
3) Why do you care about AT&T if you have a Verizon model?

(Posted from my desktop in Florida)

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
If you really want to know the answer, you should contact AT&T directly. Either on the phone or checkout their website, or you can check out the data plan from within settings on the iPad to see what plans are available.

(Posted from my iPad while in bed.)

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
1) OP - your thread title and tone does not invite polite response
2) You could search yourself
3) Why do you care about AT&T if you have a Verizon model?

(Posted from my desktop in Florida)

Responses like this, and mine, that bog down these forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.