hour /= journey you stupid thing!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kloan, Apr 22, 2010.

1. kloan macrumors regular

Anyone else getting annoyed with the stupid spell check in this thing?? Almost every time I type hour it's replaced with the word 'journey'. Seriously.. wtf?

And why can't we type hell without it trying to stick in the apostrophe?

I can't wait for the jailbreak to finally come out so I can disable this stupid spell check altogether.

2. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I got so damn sick of auto-correct I always had it off on my iPhone. I think there is an option to turn it off by now, but before that you had to turn it to a foreign language so it wouldn't even bother trying to correct it. :p

3. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

:)
    [​IMG]

4. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I wish it'd let me set my own auto-corrects.

I want "im" to be autocorrected into "I'm"

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I've not gotten around the "he'll" problem on my touch.

The others have gotten better if I take the time to X out the sample choice.

Now i have to try hour to see, I did hiur and got hour. I will have to try it on the ipad later. If the kid will share. Haha to that one. Hurry up next Friday!

Sometimes my I'm corrects, but not if I back up and type it. I actually find it wierd.

So is it way different from the iPhone/touch do you think or maybe they have learned your ways better?

6. kloan thread starter macrumors regular

Oh! lol... I had no idea. Thanks :)

FWIW, it's when I spell hour correctly that is changes it to journey. Doesn't happen every time, but enough that it's getting annoying. Definitely a bug.

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

It was too early of an hour (stayed btw) to spell it correctly! Lol!!

I'm glad you are going to be able to turn it off since you didn't know. I thought about doing that for awhile, but in this touch without a case I really suck at typing on it.

But maybe they are just telling ya that an hour isn't long enough for the journey??? :D