Unfortunately, I had a major fire at my house. The fire appears to have been mostly contained to the garage and the attic above it. However, the smoke and soot damage is severe throughout the entire house. Everything soft is gone (clothes, carpet, furniture, etc...) and the house has to be gutted down to the studs and rebuilt. The smoke and soot is a mixture of chemicals that I had stored in my garage, including: liquid chlorine, muriatic acid, pool stabilizer (cyanuric acid), gasoline, gardening sulfur, pool chemicals (calcium chloride), two vehicles, lawn mower, oil, etc... All of my electronics were subject to the chemicals released in the fire, including my two high end TVs and brand new BTO iMac with AppleCare. An electronics company who specializes in fire and smoke damage restoration, through my insurance company, has already picked up every single electronic component in my house, down to my rechargeable batteries. I assume that no matter what, my AppleCare warranty is now gone, especially if the company opens it up for repair. I would prefer the iMac be a total loss as I do not feel that it will ever be the same with reduced reliability and longevity. Any input would be great!