House M.D.

Dr.Apple

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2006
gUYS GUESS WHAT im hugh lauries and house m.d. biggest fan and im serious i acutually went to hollywood unvierstal studios tv lots ( my brother works there) and i got to see them make a episode of house i met hugh laurie hes awesome. But ya hes british hes been doing everything british relaly i noticed on a interview of him he went form english to british accent omg he hides his british accent so well its amazing ya but he talks british normally when i met him. Anyway i love house m.d. and hughlauries character, if anyone is aorund my age and is free come with me on my next vacation im gonna go to the lot again see if i can get autographs and stuff, maybe get a phone number or email of hugh lol if he lets me but hes a cool person nice, funny, we all went for coffee. ( im only 15)

Atlasland

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2005
London, UK
Watch "Blackadder". Best thing he's ever been in. Never bothered with this House malarchy myself.

You Yanks don't know what you're missing.

Dr.Apple

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2006
Watch Fry and bladdaber in fact staurt little hes mr.little in all 3 movies but american accent but ya hes cool

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
this would be surprising if someone had said this after the series premiere, not the 3rd season premiere

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
I currently have three TV shows ripped in my iTunes Library.

The first three episodes of "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" - exceptionally good show.

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Atlasland said:
Watch "Blackadder". Best thing he's ever been in. Never bothered with this House malarchy myself.

You Yanks don't know what you're missing.
I love Blackadder :D

But I love House too. Much fun! the end of this most recent episode was way better than the last one.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
2nyRiggz said:
Okay...he saves all types of people and insults every character at least twice per episode.....someone got tired of him and shoot his crippled arse.
That was the end of last season. This first one of this season had him recover use of his leg with the miracle cure, think he is superman, have a brilliant idea, and here's the twist - they won't let him try his idea, and he doesn't! But, they secretly try it and it works. And they don't tell him.

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
I knew that Hugh Laurie was British when I started watching "House", but I'd never seen any of his other work. So I just got used to him sounding like Dr. House. It was a little bit of a shock when I eventually did see him in some movie that he'd done, where he spoke in his natural accent. His "American" accent sounds very authentic.

MACDRIVE: You might want to check out the episode recaps at Television Without Pity. Their recaps are often more entertaining than the actual show was. ;)

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Funnie piece from IMDB:

During Hugh Laurie's audition, David Shore says that Bryan Singer, one of the executive producers, said, "See, this is what I want: an American guy." Singer was completely unaware of the fact that Laurie is English.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
If you want a complete contrast, you should also check out the Jeeves & Wooster series he did with Stephen Fry. Dithering British upper-class buffoonery at its best.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
nbs2 said:
That was the end of last season. This first one of this season had him recover use of his leg with the miracle cure, think he is superman, have a brilliant idea, and here's the twist - they won't let him try his idea, and he doesn't! But, they secretly try it and it works. And they don't tell him.
Did I miss the first show of this season...damn:mad: well at least the USA network will show it....at the end of this season:(

Bless

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
DavidLeblond said:
Funnie piece from IMDB:
what I'd really like to know is where he got that leather jacket. That thing is pretty cool, esp. the sleeve stripes.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Kernow said:
If you want a complete contrast, you should also check out the Jeeves & Wooster series he did with Stephen Fry. Dithering British upper-class buffoonery at its best.
I loved his "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" series.

Hello Tony.

Hello Control.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
vniow said:
Which Blackadder was he in?
All of Blackadder The Third and Blackadder Goes Forth and two episodes of Blackadder II. Not sure about Blackadder 1.

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
You didn't know that? Watch the movie "The Flight of the Pheonix" He has a role in the movie, and is completely british, and still carries over some of his "House" humor in to that movie. He has an unbelieveable american accent (as in he speaks english perfectly) and you would never know he is british.