House MD Finally Ending

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ipodlover77, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Usually don't make topics like this but used to be a big fan of House so what the hey.

Not sure if anyone of MR watches this but its been running for many years now and its finally going to end after this season. TBH, I stopped watching three years back when the producers started bringing in these outrageous people to replace the "core 3" assistants (didn't help when I heard that Cuddy would also be leaving) but none the less, it was a cool show.

Show grew stale and extremely unbelievable the past couple of seasons but I still liked it for the first few great seasons it had.

i feel as sad as when i watched steve carell do his last episode :( (btw, the office is trash now. no offense to people who like it still)

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's time. Stopped being a great show 2, maybe 3 years ago. At least they get time to plan a final episode.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

And now maybe they'll throw that crap on Netflix or Hulu so I can watch it. I wish I had started but when it first aired there were many other quality shows on.

4. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

I think you'll enjoy the show! Just keep in mind that house is one of the shows that has a certain episode structure (like the timing of the diagnosis etc). Alot of people found it repetitive but I still thought it was entertaining.

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

That is what did it for me.....

6. gramirez2012 macrumors 6502a

I stopped watching after season 3 when they got rid of the original team.

7. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

It's time I think.

It was one of my favourite shows, but it started showing it's age a few seasons back. This most recent series has been very average, and you can really tell the purse strings were being drawn. No Cuddy? Only guest appearances from the old team?

It's a shame though, in it's prime House MD was easily one of the best shows on air.

8. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

9. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Big fan for the first two seasons.:) Like a lot of series it went on long after it should have. IMO

10. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I too stopped watching after season 5 or 6. Season 5 had a phenomenal ending, imo, but 6 was a big letdown (with a couple exceptions - the episode with James Earl Jone was fantastic).

It was a good show early on, but I think trying to mix things up in season 4 hurt it, and while I enjoyed it, it was too formulaic to last forever. I think it should have ended sooner - season 8 is "about time" imo.

11. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

TV producers (in the US anyway) always milk good concepts until they are totally played out. There are very few good, successful TV shows out there that never jumped the shark and ended on a high.

12. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

I've only watched a few episodes here and there. Trifle too weird to watch whilst my parents were getting old and having to endure frequent hospital and doctor visits.

Now that both have passed, maybe I can start watching it again, if only Netflix carried it.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The series should have ended last year, they could have easily closed all the story lines with season 7. Now the show seems empty and hollow with most of the main cast gone.

14. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

The first few seasons were the best. It ceased to really entertain when they inserted more sex and more Sela Ward, and less of the original cast.

15. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Wasn't this announced last year? I knew it was the last season since the finale of season 7.

16. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

17. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The funny thing is, despite being a huge fan of Hugh Laurie's work, I never got into House MD. His character was fascinating, but the show was too formulaic, and I don't think I can stand to watch any more hospital/crime shows. We're at a saturation point with those.

18. Tinyluph macrumors regular

I disagree about them replacing the "core 3" as the seasons went on. I always hated Cameron whereas Masters and Dr. Park are probably some of the most interesting characters in the show.

It was heartbreaking to see Cuddy go in the latest season but I still enjoy watching it.