House of Dead: Overkill

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by JackAxe, Feb 25, 2009.

1. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Anyone get this game yet?

I plan on buying it next week. Overall it looks really good. The amount of camp in this game should be fun.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I have it...its a real grindhouse style game and the cussing:eek:
    I'm almost at the end of the game but I'm enjoying the hell out of it....the game is so cheesy that I can't stop laughing every time I hear the interaction between the two players.

Bless

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

4. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Cool! I watched the video and knew that guy's car would explode during the cut-scene, as cheese called for it. :)

I could have sworn I saw a bundle with the game and 2 of their plastic gun shells?

5. petemwah macrumors regular

i have it at the moment (borrowed it off a mate for a few days, he completed it in an evening, saying that though, apparrently there's a lot more to it, it's just he completed the first game, there's a directors cut and more!).

so far i've really enjoyed it, it's very tongue-in-cheek, lots of gratuitous swearing and violence, but it's done in a funny way, not trying to be 'cool' by doing it).

if you use it, don't use the wii zapper, i'd HIGHLY recommend buying the 'hand cannon' gun accessory (it's the official accessory for the game). it makes it a LOT more fun! x

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I got a copy of this game because of glowing reviews only to find its a bit poo, mostly because of the controls.

What I find most irksome the control, somehow it just isn't doing it for me.

I played and loved House of the Dead 2/3 on the Xbox and had the lightgun peripheral, it was fast and very accurate. The wii remote however is not. It simply is not fast enough or accurate enough for my liking.

I am just using the remote on its own, does housing it in a plastic gun casing improve anything or is it still a case of miss miss miss ?