Houston Galleria Security Nazi

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ScottFitz, Jul 14, 2008.

1. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Mall security refused to allow anyone to sit down in a 4 hour line. Seriously. I mentioned this in the Monday line thread, but this deserves its own thread!

One older woman brought a small folding chair. The chair was okay, but she wasn't allowed to sit in it. I couldn't believe it.

I know it's a high class mall, but c'mon, no sitting for a 4 hour line? Stupid rule. :eek:

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Don't like it? Don't shop there.

3. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Surely that isn't mall policy, perhaps there was someone higher who could authorize sitting. I mean frankly it seems silly and I will agree with what the above poster said about not shopping there if they won't let you sit in a four hour line.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

5. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Now people like you are going too far. I, too, think that if you don't like something you don't have to patronize the store/place, but that doesn't mean someone can't say something is ridiculous and in poor taste and execution.

6. CHAOS STEP macrumors 6502

CHAOS STEP

Surely if you had all sat down, they wouldn't have been able to do anything?

Unite! and Fight the system! or some such.

7. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Security Nazis? Really? Exactly how many people were taken to the showers? Any mass machine-gunning? Minimum-wage, cop-wannabe twunts, maybe, but I think Nazi is more than a bit overused, and certainly uncalled for.

Be that as it may, I would have asked to see mall management, or the policy that specifies that sitting is forbidden.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I think I know.

A safety risk.

If a bunch of people, or a whole gaggle, are parked there and an emergency occurs, people could get trampled.

An abandoned chair is just asking for someone to fall over it.

9. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Probably true, and a sad statement about the litigiousness in today's world. Especially considering there is likely no discernible improvement in safety whilst standing. People are trampled quite nicely in either instance.

10. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I rarely come to Texas. I've been here for a few days now and I think the whole place is retarded. I've been in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for the last couple days. I can't wait until I get out of here in the morning. :D Utah is a much friendlier place ;)

I had a whole rant prepared about the drivers here but decided this isn't the place...

11. operator207 macrumors 6502

Nope, not the place for such things. Especially calling an entire state retarded because of a few days visit, and from someone who admits to rarely visiting. Compared to other places, its quite nice. I have been other places in the US for months to years at a time, and still come back to DFW. Its not perfect, but is better than other places. You do however have permission to "rag" on Houston, I hate that place. ;)

Since your in DFW, are you feeling the 110% humidity thats out there now? Man does it suck. Its like a whole bunch of Houston came to visit. ;) I feel for anyone outside right now.

12. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I've been in Texas a few other times, but I did most of my driving at night on those trips, much easier on the sanity that way :) It doesn't help that I came into Texas on this trip heading east on I-10, El Paso is NOT a driver friendly place to be. I generally stay in the western 11 states but I come to Texas about once every six months or so and each time I wonder why I do it. Though it isn't as bad as the whole east coast. :D

I've been in the truck all day with the A/C cranked, no humidity in here!

I pickup my load of appliances at 5AM at the corner of I-35e and I-30, then I'm hauling rear to Salt Lake City, there is a nice little bar across the street from my delivery there. :cool: Maybe I can catch a ball game too, if I'm early enough.

13. montanachad macrumors regular

montanachad

Ditto! :cool: