"Hover to open" stopped working

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Macnoviz, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

This problem has been bugging me for some time now: I used to be able to drag files, hover over a folder (in the finder window or in the finders sidebar) to open it and then drop them. Now This doesn't work anymore. I have to open both folders to drag-and-drop from one place to another. This is becoming a real drag (pun intended, though not intended to be funny per se)

Can anyone figure out what is going wrong? Or any one with the same problem?

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Double check that your setting for spring loaded folders has not been changed in your Finder Preferences settings- that is whether it has been shut off or if the delay until they pop open has been lengthened as shown below.... hopefully this will take care of it.

Attached Files:

3. Macnoviz thread starter macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

yep, that was all there was to it. Didn't even know that thing had a preference setting available. Thanks a lot :)

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Glad it was that simple for you! Hey, its not a preference that hardly ever gets used so easy to forget- except when some little glitch in the system resets it on you! :eek: