How 2 get back email notification sound???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Jul 28, 2011.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I tried to make a ringtone I have play as my email not. sound....so I deleted the original file and renamed the new file as new-mail.caf.....well now I've lost the original and the new one doesn't seem to work.

I can use this tone as a sms tone via bitesms but can't seem to get it working for email not. sound.

Any suggestions anyone?? Thanks in advance.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

are you asking for someone to post the original?

when your view the properties of the newly created new-mail.caf file is owner set to root and group set to wheel, then make sure access permission is set to read,write for user and group and world is set to read

3. fuzion11, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011

fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I'm pretty sure I had all the permissions and all other parts were set correctly.

Here's the file I wanted to use...some of you may really like it too...it's Dr. Evil saying..."you got a fricken email" lol

Can someone make it so this file will work...or at the very least post the original sound for incoming mail please??

Attached Files:

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Can someone convert that file I posted so I can use it for my email alert please??

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

im guessing renaming an mp3 to caf is not good enough, i dont have the software to convert it but i will post the original for you

View attachment new-mail.zip

6. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Hey there...thanks for posting the original file...it's nice to have a notification back.

But can anyone else convert the file I posted above to a caf file for me so I can use it for my email not??

Thanks in advance if someone does do it!

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Use iTunes to convert the mp3 to AIFF.

Attached Files:

8. fuzion11, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011

fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Finally got it working! Thanks everyone.

9. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

If anyone wants to know how I did it....

The problem was I didn't have my "show hidden file extensions" set to on...you go into control panel (Windows) and turn it on inside "Folder Options".....then I converted it via iTunes to an Aiff file....dragged it to my desktop and renamed it to a .caf file.

Emailed it to myself...opened it up in iFile, brought it into System/library/audio/UI Sounds and then erased the regular "new-mail.caf" file and renamed the new caf file "new-mail.caf" powered on and off and it worked.

10. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

If anyone wants this email alert notification of Dr. Evil saying "you got frickin mail" it's right here...it's already converted all you have to do is stick it in your UI Sounds folder and erase the original one first though and rename it to new-mail.caf...respring and you're done.

Attached Files:

11. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

good stuff, in the future i would suggest renaming the original incase you want it again

12. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

good point i....people take his advice, it might save you a lot of trouble if you want to revert back.

I'm in the Hammer too buddy! Which part you in?