How about a iPhone with no battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lostngone, Jan 3, 2016.

1. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

A lot of people put their iPhones in cases, I know some don't but if you are going to put your phone in any type of case or buy a thick case with a battery or other feature in it like inductive charging why doesn't Apple just make a iPhone deigned around the idea of just not having any battery.

It could work for both groups of people, if you want a super slim phone just buy the ultra-slim battery that slides on the back and if you want more battery life or protection you can set the phone into a protective brick with all the features, battery life and protection you would ever want.
    Of course Apple would make 2 or 3 battery options and they could choose if they wanted to license 3rd party manufactures or not.
    Apple could then make claims they make the thinest most environment friendly phone in the World.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't want to have to pay for a battery in addition to the phone. I don't think this would go over to well with consumers.

3. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

It could over-complicate the buying decision. What size screen? How much Flash storage? How much battery? Which case? Maybe there should also be a choice of camera lenses, perhaps a premium audio option...

Certainly, some people thrive on choices - the more, the merrier. A far larger number would run the other way.

4. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Me think you think too much. ;) Perhaps you've been snowed in far too long in Alaska. Now you have over complicated the device, more parts to attach, how to attach, something going wrong with the attachment mechanism, and so on.

All in one OP.