How about an FAQ/Newbie forum for the iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by kwk1, Oct 7, 2008.

1. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

I haven't been around these forums too long, but I notice the same questions always popping up. It doesn't bother me much but it seems to annoy a lot of other people.

I think it would be helpful having common questions and problems (FAQ) posted in a seperate touch forum along with the Hack forum.

Things like restoring your touch, rebooting your touch and how do I transfer contents from my touch to my computers iTunes.

Does anybody else think this would be helpful? :confused:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There's really no need for a special forum, since all those topics are already covered by the Guides and by existing forums. If people will take the time to search the forums before posting questions, most of the time they'll find answers to their questions without having to start new repetitive threads.

3. kwk1 thread starter macrumors regular

kwk1

Well, that guide covers a fair bit of stuff.
    Trouble is, people come to the forum section and go down to iPod Touch.
    When there, there isn't a link to the Guide. Most people don't go to the MacRumors home page first because they found the site via a link. That links takes them to the forums page.

By the way, how do you make a link to the guide and change it to Guide?
    I've always wanted to know how to change the name.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

From the FAQ: vB Code

While you're at it, it's a good idea to read the Forum Rules, as well, if you haven't done so already.

5. kwk1 thread starter macrumors regular

kwk1

6. kwk1 thread starter macrumors regular

kwk1

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When you're practicing, it's not necessary to actually post your attempts. Compose the post the way you think it should be, then click "Preview Post" to see what it would look like, rather than "Submit Reply". After you see what the post looks like, you can continue editing the post, or just close the window without submitting.

8. kwk1 thread starter macrumors regular

kwk1

Okay GGJ, I've figured out what to insert for it to work. Thank-You .

Now I was wondering, can you do this by copying and pasting a link too, or do you have to retype it out always?

Thanks.