How about an X- or X Mini?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macher, Nov 11, 2017.

1. macher macrumors 65816

macher

What’s anyone think of an X- or X mini that’s the same size as the 7? I have the X and going to keep it because iOS works weightlessly but I prefer the size of the 7.

2. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Ah.....an SE version of the X (waits for someone to quip "Ooh! SEX!!!") ;)

I really hope we see that...provided they actually give people what they want (all of the features of the X in a smaller form factor).

There will obviously be a + sized version first (bigger market) - but I don't see Apple preserving the large-bezelled design in any iPhone.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I don't think it will happen. I think the 4.7 display size will be discontinued. I see The smallest OLED size being the 5.8, filled by a 6.4 in 2018.

4. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

I don't think a smaller X will happen. I mean the X now, device wise, is about the size of the 7, but with the larger screen. Like relentless power said above, they'll probably if anything be an X+ in 2018

5. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

How many people would pay $800+ for an SE sized oled iphone? SE was and always will be the entry level verison of the iPhone. If anything, you possibly could see a new SE using the ipod case and screen with upgraded camera and processor from the 7. Throw in 2nd gen. touch id and sell it for $399

6. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

If people are willing to pay $300 more for the 7 size, then they'll likely be willing to pay $200 more for the SE size.
    For US $549, they could definitely do a 32GB X-style SE-sized iPhone.

Pretty sure they will....eventually. (likely not until 2019....but we could be surprised).