How about fixing 3GS as well Apple??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TraciW, Jul 19, 2010.

1. TraciW macrumors newbie

We don't obviously have Iphone 4s in Australia and hallelujah for that... the problems I am having with my 3GS are bad enough.

Firstly airplane mode screen pop up.. then I upgraded to 4.0 and whammo... the phone loses all audio alerts via speakers (except ringtones.. what the?)

Can't play ipod to speakers, the pop up "this accessory not optimized .. etc" annoying prompt every time you go to use the phone...and other weird anomalies.

Took phone back under warranty.. even the shop assistant said "wow this phone is doing weird things"....

no liquid damage, never dropped... so what's the excuse Apple?
    Worst of all.. I had to buy another Iphone to use whilst my other is being fixed .. I looked for an app which would transfer my contact list to a database but couldn't find one in the short time I had. Would appreciate knowing for future reference if there is any way of extracting contacts from an iphone to store in a text format...

2. Zyniker macrumors 6502

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Obviously not all 3GS models act the same as your defective phone.
    They dont need to fix the 3GS, they need to fix or replace YOUR 3GS only.:rolleyes:
    You can transfer, sync, backup, restore from backup contacts and many other items from your phone thru itunes.

4. ChristopherM macrumors member

ChristopherM

I hear you Traci, the whole "it's just an isolated incident" thing can only go so far before it's widespread. Mine has just started freezing like crazy lately. As I mentioned in another post (you have to be careful not to repeat yourself here, or else people point it out like you've got some sort of illness) it's pretty tedious. I love my MBP but I'm sort of over all the other stuff now.