How about the screen of MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Haonus, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Haonus macrumors newbie

Hey,apple wizards
    I am going to buy a new computer to browse web,edit text and pdf,watch movies and run some mathematics or statistics programs. Although PCs could do all I mentioned,the PCs' system is not safe and steady. Thus, I perfer to buy a mac. My question is how about the screen of Macbook? I found iMac is so fantastic,plz tell me whether there is a big gap between macbook's screen and iMac's screen.
    THank you very much

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

3. Haonus thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Agurri macrumors 6502

Agurri

Well, it depends. Before getting my macbook, I would run my LCD screen 100 % brightness... but now I have my macbook, I don't feel to. I find the macbook screen's brightness to be good... very good.

5. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

My MacBook's screen is pretty darn bright...pretty much as bright as my iMac's. I never run it on full brightness.

6. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

The screen brightness is more or less identical i feel.

:)

7. andrewag macrumors 6502

The MacBook's screen is great. It's nice and bright and the glossy screen is not as bad as some people scream.

The MacBook screen is much better than my PowerBook 15" 1.67Ghz.

8. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i love the brightness of my macbook, and you won't find many people complaining about the brightness. they'll complain about the keyboard, lack of dedicated graphics and the glossy screen, but they'll not complain about the brightness.

9. cgi101 macrumors member

I've always thought macbook/macbook pro displays are very bright... until I saw them next to some Sony Vaio laptop's at bestbuy... the sony's are wayyyyyyy bright!

10. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

Really? Are you sure the brightness of the Macs weren't up? I always thought Vaios had horrible screens with horrible brightness. :/

11. robPOD macrumors 6502

My MB screen is awesome, I really like its glossyness and yeah thy are really bright (way brighter than my brothers asus)