How about this setup?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by timviggo95, May 11, 2011.

1. timviggo95 macrumors newbie

Wazzap dude's?

I've been thinking alot about a new setup and i just registerd here on Macrumors forum to hope that someone as an opinon about it. I'm going to start "college" in photo and video so that will be one of the big things i will be using this computer to do. I'm 15 years old and come from sweden so my english i'snt the best :)

A macbook pro 15" 2011 with the following specs:
    2,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
    SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    MacBook Pro 15-tums (high-res antiglare)

To go along with the macbook i'm going to buy a used 24 led acd from ebay, mostly for playing games and working on school project's at home. If i'm
    just chilling in the couch i won't be using it. A wired apple keyboard will be good with the cinema display?

I also want to buy a vga-mini displayport for hooking up the macbook to my hd tv, is there any better way??

A wireless Razer orochi mouse is good for gaming and working buy the Cinema display in my room and also on the go??

I already have pen-tablet and time-machine backup drive for my current mac and won't have to buy that.

Does anybody know if the Razer Goliathus Standard Mouse Pad – Control is any good??

Last one, Is the Incase 15-tums Neoprene Sleeve Plus any good?? Other recommendations.?

If you have an opinon on anything of this plz respond :)

AND i'm not spoiled i will work all summer to save up to this and i will be selling my current imac aswell

/Tim :)

2. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

If you actually have an HDTV do not use VGA use mini-display to HDMI. Seems like a good setup.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Don't buy the RAM from Apple. You can get it much cheaper from 3rd party (seems to be around 700 Kronor link).

Razer Orochi seems to be a decent mouse for gaming purposes.

I have 13" InCase sleeve for my MBA and I have been pleased with it. I guess the 15" sleeve is similar.

4. timviggo95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple dosen't sell one right? Wich is the best alternative?

5. timviggo95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okej is it that much cheaper i might buy it from a different dealer. But i'snt it hard to but it in?? And is it 2x4GB then? :)

THX for the answer to my questions.. GO FINLAND, my friend comes from finland. He is wicked!! Like the dudesons hahaha

6. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

You don't need anything special, just make sure it supports both audio and video.

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

HDTV should connect with HDMI or DVI. MBP offers HDMI out.

Razer mouse are too small for my hand. But works for some people.

I use wired logitech mouse for gaming.

Get RAM from third party.

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

9. timviggo95 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the regular deathadder right know and it fits me perfekt, don't know about the orochi, but i would like a wireless mouse again.