How about this Tuesday?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CopperX, Feb 12, 2011.

  1. CopperX macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    #1
    What are the probabilities of getting the refresh this Tuesday the 15th?
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    Dual core Sandy Bridge CPUs will be released on Feb 20th so I doubt it.
     
  3. alust2013 macrumors 601

    alust2013

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2010
    Location:
    On the fence
    #3
    I'd say pretty small. Intel isn't even shipping Sandy Bridge until the 20th, and Apple doesn't usually announce refreshes until the product is ready to be sold, so I'm guessing another month.
     
  4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

    Apple OC

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    Location:
    Hogtown
    #4
    tuesday is the day after Valentine's Day ... and nothing more

    IMO refresh time for MBP is around April :cool:
     
  5. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

    Funkymonk

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2011
  6. docal97 macrumors 6502a

    docal97

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2006
    Location:
    Southampton
    #6
    What makesnyou suggest Tuesday? Nothing even remotely suggests that daynas a possibilitynn
     
  7. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

    iPhone1

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2010
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    #7
    They will announce the new MacBook Pro line as the "one more thing" at the iPad 2 keynote later this month. Speculation of course.
     
  8. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

    mgartner0622

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2010
    Location:
    Colorado, USA
    #8
    No, IMO
    Sandy Bridge Won't be released until the 20th, so if they announced them, everyone would not buy a MBP and instead wait until they are shipping the new ones.
    Poor business idea.
     
  9. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

    jvmxtra

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2010
    #9
    I hope so but most likely not.

    IF it is we should know by sunday.... but I really doubt it.
     
  10. fortunecookie macrumors regular

    fortunecookie

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2010
    #10
    Nah, probably next tuesday. When things have been sorted out with intel.
     
  11. adnoh macrumors 6502a

    adnoh

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2010
    #11
    90% likely
     
  12. torbjoern macrumors 65816

    torbjoern

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    The Black Lodge
    #12
    Medium to high that they will. Apple might wait with the SandyBridge until next refresh due to all the problems there have been with SB.
     
  13. acedickson macrumors 6502a

    acedickson

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2004
    Location:
    ATL
    #13
    Taint gonna happen! I wouldn't mind but, as others have stated, the timing just isn't right.
     
  14. macmac88 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    #14
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    Well that's for the fixed chips, right? What if Apple can use the flawed chips, which Intel already has and is still shipping out?...
     
  15. Yin macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2010
    #15
    Another question though. someone mentioned that the announcement for a keynote (if there is one) comes about one week before the release of the product. is this true?

    About one month ago, there were rumors that apple store employees are not allowed to take holiday from the last week of February until March.
     
  16. Zauberer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2010
    #16
    My feeling is the 22nd. I say there is a 30% chance this coming Tuesday and a 50% chance the following Tuesday. With every week after that being quite likely, given the frequency of rumors recently.

    *Note: Percentages are completely arbitrary, but I think they make me sound more credible, even though I am the farthest from a credible source.
     
  17. macmac88 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    #17
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    Unless there's a big change then there won't be an event. Sandy Bridge is just a CPU update, so they might not even do an event for it...
     
  18. Yin macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2010
    #18
    if there is only a speed bump, i guess they will not do a keynote. however, if there is a redesign, I think that there will definitely be a presentation.

    given the date of the holiday blockade, i would guess that the mbp (or the iPad) is going to be announced the following week IF there is a keynote.
     
  19. Jdstew1234, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011

    Jdstew1234 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2010
    #19
    I have to say you are right about a lot, I think that they could come out becaue the 20th is a consumer release.


    On another note, your English is great If you natively spoke Finnish
     
  20. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

    AdamRock

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2010
    Location:
    Toronto
    #20
    since intel says 20th, i say mbp refresh on the beginning of march.
     
  21. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #21
    The CPUs were never flawed, it was the chipsets. Apple may be able to use those "defective" chipsets because currently MBPs use only two SATA ports and the two SATA 6Gb/s ports in those new chipsets are fine (only SATA 3Gb/s were affected). Also, Intel will start shipping the fixed chipsets on 14th of Feb so an early March update with fixed chipsets is also plausible.

    Apple could announce new MBPs next Tuesday but they could not ship them until the 20th unless Intel gives them a special permission (has happened couple of times in the past). I still wouldn't bet on next Tuesday though ;)

    Yup, Finnish is my mother tongue. A lot of my studies have been in English though.
     

Share This Page