How about Word on your MAC?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TinyDee, Aug 8, 2011.

1. TinyDee macrumors member

Sometimes WP is so difficult with things like envelopes and such, and just looking around how many have gone with Word on the Mac? How do you like it, is it worth the change and what advice do you have for the rest of us...

2. mabaker macrumors 65816

mabaker

WP is an excellent word processing app, but Word is the way to go, especially with a solid 2011 recent version.

2004 isn't too shabby either for PPC Macs. Fast and reliable after all the new Service Packs applied and supports the new docx format, as well.

3. zephonic macrumors 65816

zephonic

I just looked on Corel's site, and there's no WordPerfect for Mac?

I use Word 2004, BTW. It works fine.

4. mabaker macrumors 65816

mabaker

There is! Corel made it available for free to anyone. It does require Mac OS 8 to run but some really prefer it to Word and go to great lengths to have their favorite program up and running like there is no tomorrow.

5. Newfiebill macrumors regular

Newfiebill

Pages

Have you considered the Pages Program? I used MS Word for years, however, I have been using Pages for about 3 months now and I would not go back.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use the Microsoft Office suite for Mac daily. It works great without a hitch.

7. Lankyman macrumors 68000

Although I have the full Windows MS Office suite running in my Parallels VM, I quite like Open Office on the Mac side of things, it reminds me very much of Word 2003.

8. TinyDee thread starter macrumors member

Forgive me, I was trying to say "word processing"when I used WP, not wordperfect.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i have word and pages, they both have their pros and cons, but overall i prefer word.

10. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

Word is great, it is more compatible than pages is. Pages is cheaper, but lacks some compatibility.