How accurate are Apple's Sales/Trend reports?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by chordfusion, May 22, 2009.

1. chordfusion macrumors newbie

I've been seeing some weird numbers on my Sales/Trend reports. Take this one from yesterday, for example. My application was on sale the entire day for $0.99 - the entire day. I made no changes to it's price at all. I checked a few times during the day to make sure it was showing up in the App Store as $0.99 both on my iPhone and also through iTunes. Yet, today, when I look at yesterday's daily Sales/Trend report, this is what I see:

[​IMG]

How is it that I have 16 units "sold" with a royalty price of 0? It makes no sense.

Oh, and the "Product Type Identifier" column - both 1 and 7 are the same product. I only have one product on the App Store - again, what is going on? Apple did approve an upgrade of my app yesterday and that started showing up in the App Store, but I'd be surprised if that resulted in a different Product Type Identifier.

I'm pretty confused. I've seen this before in earlier daily Sales/Trend reports - and, imagine this - my emails to Apple went unanswered. Has anyone else seen this? Am I just worrying about nothing, or am I really losing out on money? If so, is there anything I can do about it? Since Apple appears to be in a communication black hole, I'm worried that there isn't.

2. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

The product type identifier of 7 indicates an upgrade. 1 is a sale.

3. chordfusion thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for clearing that up - I would have had no idea otherwise! I appreciate it!

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Perhaps give the User Guide a look-through.

5. chordfusion thread starter macrumors newbie

I did read through it. I must have just missed it.

6. Xpepermint macrumors newbie

Refresh?

Does anyone know how often the statistics is refreshed? I know I sold at least 2 apps but I have zeros on my graph.

7. firewood macrumors 604

Trend reports seem to be generated every morning around 3AM PDT give or take an hour or so. If you ignore trend counts near the end of a reporting month (these go on next months financials), the trend numbers seem to match the accounting data on the financial reports fairly closely.