Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewcoleman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
Hi,

I have bought a BTO iMac off the Apple website. The order has a status of dispatched and an estimated delivery date of this Thursday. Are these estimates usualy accurate? As the day gets closer will the status show a definite delivery date rather than an estimate?

The reason I ask is that I need to arrange to work from home for the day but I am probably not going to be able to work from home for more than one day this week.

Thanks
Andy

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hi,

I have bought a BTO iMac off the Apple website. The order has a status of dispatched and an estimated delivery date of this Thursday. Are these estimates usualy accurate? As the day gets closer will the status show a definite delivery date rather than an estimate?

The reason I ask is that I need to arrange to work from home for the day but I am probably not going to be able to work from home for more than one day this week.

Thanks
Andy

Why not deliver to your work -- negates having to wait in?

In regards to your original question, you'll be notified once it's dispatched. The delivery date given to you then will be much more accurate. You should also be issued a tracking number so you can roughly get an idea of the last depot they were at.

But as mentioned before, definitely try get it delivered to your work. A watched kettle never boils -- and there are seldom worse things than waiting 8 hours for a delivery ...

andrewcoleman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
Why not deliver to your work -- negates having to wait in?

In regards to your original question, you'll be notified once it's dispatched. The delivery date given to you then will be much more accurate. You should also be issued a tracking number so you can roughly get an idea of the last depot they were at.

But as mentioned before, definitely try get it delivered to your work. A watched kettle never boils -- and there are seldom worse things than waiting 8 hours for a delivery ...

I already have the tracking number and apparently the iMac is currently in Dublin. The date still says estimated though, but maybe thats just the label.

Andy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.