How Accurate is Apple Stock Website

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by btnnaz, Jul 18, 2008.

1. btnnaz macrumors regular

Just wondering... My apple store says no black 16gb iphones for today. but is that guranteed or is there a chance when i go in they will have it.

2. RevolutionOne macrumors member

RevolutionOne

When I worked for Apple, the amount of stock they had in stores was always perfect.

I used to do stock checks everyweek, never had any trouble with them. So would trust it

3. toptekjon macrumors member

toptekjon

I think the apple website is completely useless for checking stock! I checked the site each night and it has said "out of stock" since Saturday.
    Yet when I called my local Apple store, they had stock on both Wendesday and Thursday.
    They had only 16gb white models on Wednesday, so I waited and was able to pick up a black 16gb yesterday after work. No waiting!!!

Call your store and ask them, ignore the website all together!

4. viggen61 macrumors 6502

There are a couple issues with the stock checker.

1) it is NOT "live". The color of the spot is determined by stock on hand at a particular point in time, and perhaps with expected receipts of new stock the following day. Sometimes, they do get updated overnight

2) If the store stays open past 9:00 PM to sell iPhones, then what was reported before then may no longer be true. Of course, if the spot color is also based on expected shipments it may still be valid for the next day.

If you're going to rely on the color of the spot, you either have to get there early, and wait, or call after they open to double-check.

Good Luck!

:apple::apple: