How accurate is the Fitness Tracking?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JerTheGeek, Apr 30, 2015.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I didn't really think I would pay attention to the activity tracking on my Sport, or find it very useful, but I actually am really liking it. I'm not someone who is really into fitness, but I am curious as to how accurate this tracking really is. Like the other day, I didn't think I was doing that much except sitting at a table or desk and doing schoolwork, but the watch said I got over 30 minutes of exercise. Anyone know how exactly is this measured? Or how accurate is it really?
    Thanks

2. corlando465 macrumors member

I think the activity tracker had a lot of improvement ahead. I went to the gym this morning, walked 20 mins on treadmill at 3.6 mph/4% incline and was credited for 7 minute workout :(

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Does anyone know what is actually being tracked ?

I mowed the lawn yesterday, (sat on a tractor and held the steering wheel) for 1 hour. Got 45 minutes. I went for a 30 minute walk, (15 minutes/ mile pace) and got 3 minutes.

I have 2 activity trackers on my dog (beta testing) and have noticed the one that is fixed very tight gets less minutes than the one that is loose. Maybe the vibration from the steering wheel on my tractor caused more activity minutes to be registered. :confused: