How accurate is the HP LP3065 Profile?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by treehorn, Feb 14, 2008.

1. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

Finally got my 8800 mac pro today. Not sure how it runs on anything yet as I'm still installing software (decided to play it safe and do everything by 'hand' rather than migration - considering I redid everything on my old computer a month ago when I got Leopard...what's one more time? Plus my old machine wasn't an Intel)

So far I'm loving it. Especially with my HP LP3065. Do have a question, though, on calibration. I looked at "Displays" in System Preferences and was surprised that there was a profile for the HP LP3065 that seems to be newly created (the date is today - 2/14 - at 6am). I'm wondering if that's an accurate calibration or if I should do any tweaking...

2. fs454 macrumors 65816

Definately tweak it up, my default Dell 2407WFP profile sucked and I realized this the second week of owning this. I was so suprised to see the drastic difference I made.

3. clapperboy macrumors newbie

I just got the LP3065.

Any further experiences on calibration?

I have a HueyPro hardware calibrator. The instructions say 'Do Not Touch The Screen' so I was wondering if that includes hardware calibration sensors.

Any experiences out there?

4. vga4life macrumors 6502

Calibrating my LP3065 made a big difference. I used a Spyder2, but the Huey should work.

5. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

I use spyder on my 30" samsung & will use it when I change to the 30" NEC in new year, but remember to leave all settings at factory state then calibrate, you should see good results on HP, good luck ;)

my gamma is set to 2.2, looked washed out at 1.8 :)

6. macbook123 macrumors 68000

Hi Clapperboy, vga4life,

I was wondering if you would be so generous as to share your color profiles? I have the lp3065 as well, but no professional calibration software.

Thanks.

7. vga4life macrumors 6502

Sure, here's my calibrated profile - but it isn't necessarily any more accurate than the default for your screen. (Manufacturing variations, etc.)

I recommend you just spring for a Spyder2Express kit for ~$60-70 if consistent color is at all important to you. It's not that expensive, and you might as well get the most out of that nice monitor.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ES4PYU

Attached Files: