How and why to link families iPhones and iPad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mojer, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Mojer macrumors member

I have had an ipad for a few years and love it. I also have had an Android phone. My wife and two kids all have iPhones. I am in need of an upgrade and considering the iphone 6. I am aware that I can link the 4 iPhones (if I get one) and my ipad together. What are the advantages in doing this? My wife has the 6 and my kids the 5s.

Also, how do I accomplish this? Do we have to share Icloud storage, etc? A co-worker linked his iphone with his wife's iphone and he had some issues like both phones ringing for an incoming call and receiving the same texts. I want to make sure if I do this the advantages make it worth it and I do it correctly. Thanks for any help!

2. Menel Suspended

Menel

Your coworker had issues because he set it up poorly. They put the same iCloud account on multiple phones, and made a mess.

Everyone needs their own iCloud account. Their own store, their own iCloud storage. Phone calls will stay on the respective phones.

Configure as a family, make yourself the master. And you can buy a game once, and everyone in family has access. Same for music, or movies.