Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
When I first slid my iMac out of it's box, that big, beautiful 24" screen made me tingle (no jokes, please!).

The device (combination of hardware, and OS) just begged me to use it in a creative way.

It was my iMac that got me into photography (Street being my passion). Therefore, I actually hold Apple products very dear to my heart.

With the iPad Pro (day one for me) and Apple Pencil being announced, I feel that same "stirring" inside of me.

I can see it being an absolutely amazing device to draw on, which is something that I've always "wished I could do".

Therefore, I might take a drawing class (or even find a free one online ... I'm sure there are countless of them) to see if I can develop this skill?

Have you taken up a new hobby, or learned a new skill, or become interested in something which you'd never previously considered, as a direct result of buying an Apple product?

If so, please share.

I'd love to hear ...

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
iPhone 5 made taking Pictures so easy an fun changed life I took up Amateur photography taken pictures of family friends events and other stuff.

Also broken, iPhone 6 exhachnged got new one at Apple store in 15 minutes thats improving ones life.

I can just see parents drawing stuff together with their kids or doing fun games because with 13" inches its great for 2 person gaming.

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
iPhone 5 made taking Pictures so easy an fun changed life I took up Amateur photography taken pictures of family friends events and other stuff.

Also broken, iPhone 6 exhachnged got new one at Apple store in 15 minutes thats improving ones life.

I can just see parents drawing stuff together with their kids or doing fun games because with 13" inches its great for 2 person gaming.

The fact you can shoot, edit and share from absolutely anywhere is just superb.

How things have changed in such a short space of time ...

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Yes, owning my iMacs ultimately resulted in my taking up web design. While I am not a fan of coding, I do appreciate the deeper understanding and love of color and graphic design as a result of making those web pages with my previous two iMacs.

Dabbling in Pixelmator lately, makes me miss design just a little bit.

And like @TheLondonFella the iPad Pro appeals to the writer and the wanna be artist in me. I am sort of considering Mandarin, so seeing the Apple demo writing an Asian script with the Pencil puts that in the back of my brain too.

In any case, I believe it will be helpful in whatever school pursuits I choose and my creative endeavors too. I've always been frustrated by iPads because I thought of them solely as a consuming device. I'm willing to give this a go and looking forward to it.

AppleInsider posted a piece about their hands on with the iPad Pro and pencil. The two videos featuring the Pencil were quite interesting (including Adobe whose product I haven't used in some time.)

As a long time Mac user... we'll see what happens. I Might not be 100% in Apple's corner but I am excited about the creative potential the iPad Pro may have for me.

Last edited:

billy the fish

Suspended
Jul 23, 2015

so you've taken the fact that something you paid a premium for broke, and just because it was exchanged, it's somehow improved your life.. pass me the sick bucket...

SHirsch999

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Have you taken up a new hobby, or learned a new skill, or become interested in something which you'd never previously considered, as a direct result of buying an Apple product?

Well, I read MacRumors a lot more now....

On a more serious note, prior to getting our first iPhones (4S' back in 2011), my wife could not have cared less about anything tech-wise. She was perfectly happy just using our computers for anything and a POS flip phone for all mobile needs. Now, she considers her iPhone an indispensable part of her life, using it for anything and everything she needs.

Reactions: TheLondonFella

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
My very first MacBook which I wrote my very first story on. The Mac is a great device to work on and works flawlessly.

Also my Apple Watch, working out and going for a run has been a great experience with it.

iPhone has been the best mobile phone I have ever had.

I'm hoping the iPad Pro will be great as well I'm also planning to get on day one (pre-order or buy on day in store)

Reactions: TheLondonFella

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
so you've taken the fact that something you paid a premium for broke, and just because it was exchanged, it's somehow improved your life.. pass me the sick bucket...

English clearly isn't the fella's first language.

Give him a break, Fish Boy!

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
His spelling, grammar etc is of no concern to the thread... Which well you know sir..

I'd say it's clear that he didn't portray his point "correctly"

Especially where fish are concerned, and them understanding.

I'm sure he didn't mean that getting an iPhone replaced in 15 minutes "changed his life". Anyone with common sense would ascertain that he simply meant it was good customer service.

Honestly, irritating pond life like you really do not belong on any forums, let alone here!

Go away and catch a virus on an Android device, or something ...

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Yes, owning my iMacs ultimately resulted in my taking up web design. While I am not a fan of coding, I do appreciate the deeper understanding and love of color and graphic design as a result of making those web pages with my previous two iMacs.

Dabbling in Pixelmator lately, makes me miss design just a little bit.

And like @TheLondonFella the iPad Pro appeals to the writer and the wanna be artist in me. I am sort of considering Mandarin, so seeing the Apple demo writing an Asian script with the Pencil puts that in the back of my brain too.

In any case, I believe it will be helpful in whatever school pursuits I choose and my creative endeavors too. I've always been frustrated by iPads because I thought of them solely as a consuming device. I'm willing to give this a go and looking forward to it.

AppleInsider posted a piece about their hands on with the iPad Pro and pencil. The two videos featuring the Pencil were quite interesting (including Adobe whose product I haven't used in some time.)

As a long time Mac user... we'll see what happens. I Might not be 100% in Apple's corner but I am excited about the creative potential the iPad Pro may have for me.

Great response, buddy.

I also have Pixlemator on both my iPad and iPhone. I recently "stripped down" all of the apps on my iDevices and rearranged everything (did away with folders, as I tended to pack apps away and never use them!) and instead have my apps spread across several pages, according to their genre.

Anyway, Pixlemator & Photogene 4 are the only 2 photo editing apps I kept.

I'm going to check out that link, thank you.

Really getting excited for the iPad Pro, now. The new iPhones really haven't interested me, and I'm still very happy with my 128GB 6. However, my iPad 4 really needs replacing.

Stay well ...

billy the fish

Suspended
Jul 23, 2015
I'd say it's clear that he didn't portray his point "correctly"

Especially where fish are concerned, and them understanding.

I'm sure he didn't mean that getting an iPhone replaced in 15 minutes "changed his life". Anyone with common sense would ascertain that he simply meant it was good customer service.

Honestly, irritating pond life like you really do not belong on any forums, let alone here!

Go away and catch a virus on an Android device, or something ...
Well theres need to be rude sir, just because I try and be part of the community. But you dont understand the way i use words, I am still learning, there is no need to be rude... Ppff

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Well theres need to be rude sir, just because I try and be part of the community. But you dont understand the way i use words, I am still learning, there is no need to be rude... Ppff

... much like TheRealAlex, but you was rude to him.

In life, you have to be prepared to get what you give.

Anyway, time to move on.

Goodbye ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.