How Apple is training you for the future

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by mscriv, Jan 20, 2010.

1. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Full Story

Sorry for the long post, but I find this opinion piece very interesting and wanted to share.

2. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

Apple is training me for the future by making what is currently the best experience in personal computing (mac hardware + os x) frustrating and annoying enough to make me not want any more computers, of any kind, ever again. When my macbook pro kicks it I'm replacing it with a butter churn.

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Though I do agree with much of what has been said I do not see full replacement of the keyboard on desktops or laptops for everyone. Data entry or anything requiring a lot of typing just would not be practical on a touch screen. Nor works where your hands get dirty. Could you imagine the computer screen of an auto mechanic:eek:.

One thing I can see and hope for with the tablet. Is being able to pick up a pen and write again.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    As a long time touchscreen application developer, I have slates, tablets and touch computers all around the house.

My kid and grandkids are growing up using them.

Guess what? They still prefer the keyboard, and for vertical screens, the mouse most of the time.

Go figure.

5. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

One thing is certain...

Despite their lack of qualifications, many will consider themselves to be gifted futurists.