How are Anker products?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by I_am_a_loser, Jul 13, 2016.

1. I_am_a_loser macrumors regular

I want a 10' Lightning cable for my 6s and am considering Anker. How are their products? I've read mixed things online. Or do you recommend a better brand that offers at least a 9' cable?

2. pchan0 macrumors regular

pchan0

Been using Anker's line of portable battery pack for almost 2 years now with no problems, they have quality products!

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

"Mixed things" as in 4 to 5 stars (mostly 4.5 to 5) on Amazon.com from thousands of reviews?

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I have multiple chargers, cables and battery packs. The price is what attracted me at first. Not having a single issue with any of there products draws me back to them.

5. blaine07 macrumors 65816

Just ordered 10' PowerLine cable this last week myself. So far impressed. Seems to be good quality. Cord a little stiff but I'm sure with use it'll loosen up. Fits lightning port "tight" and they're MFI certified. I know they stand behind what they sell from previous products of theirs I've owned. I'd say your good.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Anker is my go-to on Amazon when I want to save a few bucks over Apples OEM stuff. I have several cables, cases and power cubes and have had no issues so far (except one where the little end came off but that's because my wife got it caught between our bed frame and the wall and pulled it really hard, would have happened to any cable)

7. ricktat macrumors 6502a

I have had about 25 products from Anker with only 1 being slightly defective and it was promptly replaced by Anker.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Generally considered top-notch 3rd party accessories.

9. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

I'm a huge Anker fan. I use their cables and batteries and chargers .... I even used the Anker slim case on my 6+ for years (still have it). I have 1 of those kevlar cables and that thing is indestructible. Really like their 60 watt charger. If I need cables, I go to Anker. Noname Brand ones just don't hold up or won't charge faster than 1a.

10. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I love Anker products! I use their lightning cables all the time with no problems at all. I'm also using their GlassGuard screen protector on my 6S going on 7 months now with no problems at all. Definitely great products.

11. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

Check some of the user provided photos of all the frayed and broken cables after just 8 weeks of use.

12. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I have some Anker lightning cables, I've been really impressed with them. When I go to buy more I'll buy from them again.

13. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I was just curious what the consensus was. I went with the 10' PowerLine cable in red. Will look good with my white/silver 6s. Thanks for the input everyone.

14. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I actually had a 3ft power line lightning cable. Worked well for about 6 months then it just stopped working.

15. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

They're newer PowerLine + cables are great. Just like the PowerLine except they're braided.

16. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I have several of their lightning cables, and they seem tougher than the apple ones (as well as cheaper).
    My daughter used to break the apple ones a couple of times on her iPad in bed.
    The Anker one lasted a lot longer.

17. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for this. At only $18 for a 10 foot cable I don't think I can go wrong.

18. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, that's what I got.

19. Appleaker macrumors 68000

I don't think i've ever had a problem with them. Very high quality and a trustworthy brand. I don't know what their customer support is like but that's because i've never needed to use them.

20. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

I have a few Anker products and I am very happy with all of them. Not only are they priced well, but they are well made and work great.

21. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Happy with all of mine. It's my go-to brand now. Much better now that they redesigned to tapered/curved connectors.

Have a few last-generation Anker Lightning cables that are going strong for 2+ years.

22. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

Might want to try Monoprice 10ft lighting cable. I've been using their cables for years. They are very inexpensive and good quality.

23. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

Are they MFi certified?

24. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

Yes