how are people in the US getting their micro sims

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twisted-pixel, Jun 21, 2010.

1. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I know that a lot of people purchased through AT&T so they will receive the sim with the phone, but what about those of you who ordered direct from apple? How are you getting your sim and have you had any issues?

I only ask because here in the UK, it seems as though getting the SIM is going to be just as big a problem as getting the phone.

Stores are syaing they have them, they don't have them, they will have them today, they wont have them until thursday, they only have 10 etc etc

we might all get the phone but be unable to use it!.

I was thinking that after the nightmare process of actually trying to get the phone, the getting a sim process should have at least been better thought out...but it doesn't look like it at the moment.

2. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

The SIM comes with the phone here in the US. Not sure what the system is in the UK, but it sounds complicated. :p

3. monksealpup macrumors regular

4. Downey92 macrumors member

I'd rather it be really complicated but have options. I really feel sorry for everyone getting screwed over by AT&T, they sound utterly terrible.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sorry but your reply makes YOU sound a little more miffed than us as we are getting our phones on THURSDAY!:D

ATT has been good for me the last 7 years. ATT is not the cheapest but you get what you pay for! Coverage is near flawless in Jacksonville and I can not remember having a dropped call.:eek:

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Making a virtue out of a vice, me thinks.

No pity needed. Don't draw a conclusion from the whiners on this forum. There are plenty of people who are satisfied with ATT.

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

AT&T is just fine for must people, a lot of people just like to whine a lot and a few have actual problems.

8. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah I have great coverage from AT&T. I've only dropped maybe 5 calls in the 2 years I've had them and that was usually when I was in the boonies.

9. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

No problems here.
    Been with them through all the name changes
    I Started with them 97 as Pac-Bell Mobile.

10. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Many people complaining about AT&T have no perspective. Though there are definitely very real problems in certain hotspots, the majority of AT&T coverage is great. In my area, I have personally owned devices on every carrier available in the area, even Cricket. AT&T is definitely not worse than the others. That said, they, like all the other carriers, have some areas better covered than others.

Fact is, cellular phone networks are extremely complex to deploy. Getting it deployed well is practically a matter of luck. Between dealing with difficult and onerous local laws limiting where towers can go, and costs of land and available uplinks, etc. it's no surprise that there are issues with such a hugely burdened network.

The simple fact is that AT&T knows they have to serve their customers, otherwise those customers can get out of contract with no ETF and go somewhere else. AT&T will continue to improve. You have the power to vote on where they improve first, just use that "Mark the spot" app!