How are people taking these great photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by P51, Oct 17, 2011.

1. P51 macrumors regular

I have a 4s, and I can't come close.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/7virtues/b42d0d66.jpg

Obviously not perfect lighting, but throwing that aside, its still grainy(just posting this as an example). I'm not an amateur at photography. My sister is a professional and I have her old D7000.

Maybe I'm not doing something right? This is my first iPhone.

2. DerekTS macrumors regular

Having "your sisters D7000" does not make you more than an amateur photographer.

Good photographers can take pictures with any P.O.S, the phone doesnt make the pictures look good, the person taking them does.*

I realize there are limits on hardware and such but this is generally true.

Sounds like you need to spend some time with your iPhone and play with the grid, focus, and settings.

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Great photos are taken by good photographers, not good cameras. Also, you have to understand exposure and composition to those great photos. You can't just "point and shoot". ;)

Also, if your sister was using a Nikon D7000 she is not a professional (no offense to her). The D7000 is the top amature line (I am one). No professional would use one.

4. P51 thread starter macrumors regular

graininess is almost always hardware..... Remember that squirrel photo? That was a perfect photo. My D7000 can't take a grainy photo unless I go into very low lighting.