how are peoples replacement iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Jul 9, 2010.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Im thinking of replacing mine because of a yellow spot and a wiggly home button but 9/10 displays were wiggly too so my question is how are all of your replacements compared to the one you had before?

2. spookme macrumors member

Replaced

I managed to get my iPhone replaced yesterday in store here in the UK with O2.

Ive been having proximity sensor problems, hanging calls up, factiming all over the place, muting people... blah, blah blah.

When I first went through it with Apple Care here in the UK, they tried to tell me that hadnt heard of this problem before, had me run a ton of tests (although nothing major) and then finally do a full factory restore and use the phone.

Two days later and a ton of calls they finally agreed to "send me a box" to post my phone to them, they would test and if need be replace it....

So sods to that, I went into my service provider, showed them the phone they replaced on the spot.

New phone has no proximity sensor issues, signal situation seems a touch better, although TBH I do notice a very slight yellow streak down the right hand side of the screen, but only when using something with a white background.

I am going to give it a while, keep an eye on it and see what other peoples experience is of the problem on here.

Generally speaking, much happier with my new phone.

:)

3. Ferrd macrumors regular

Ferrd

I have had my replacement phone 24 hours now and so far this one is better. I still see signal loss due to the death grip but not to the extent that the old one had it. For example I'm typing this holding the phone in a death grip and I still have 4 bars. My old phone would be at one or no signal.

Besides that the screen and buttons are perfect. Proximity sensor is still a tad sensitive, but I think that's more software (my opinion).

4. nygfan80 macrumors regular

Mine's terrible. Apple had me do a network reset to fix a problem of my phone losing my network and having to restart my phone over a dozen times a day. Well that didn't work and also my battery drains about 25% per night, with nothing running at all in the background. This is my second phone. Apple care is giving me a hard time over this. I have had not one issue with the signal bars though.

5. thesaint580 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

No issue with the replacement phone as of Noe. It's been 24 hrs now. The screen had yellow spots and this one doesn't.

6. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

Just replaced mine at the SmithHaven Mall in NY. I still had a yellow spot on my iPhone 4 since launch. The employee said, " We are really not supposed to replace the phone because of this issue, but we are going to anyway" meaning really..... "Don't post this on the forums so that everyone comes to the mall for a replacement because we most likely don't have enough and we will have to hand out vouchers."