How are pictures arranged in iphone folders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ILBandit, Feb 2, 2009.

1. ILBandit macrumors regular

I sync several folders of pictures from my Windows laptop to my iphone. In the folders on my computer, they are all arranged in order by date, oldest to newest.
    But in the same folder on my iphone, there are all mixed up, and don't show in the same place as on the computer.
    How are the pictures on the iphone arranged? Is in alphabetical? date taken? I can't seem to figure it out. I would like to have them in the same place as they are in the original folder on my computer, and can't seem to get them there.
    Any advice? or ideas out there??:confused:

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

i'm not really sure... but I have a folder of pictures, all that i took with my iPhone, then exported into iPhoto and re-sycned back to my iphone... and they are all in chronological order that i took them.

Same applies to a folder of pictures that my boyfriend sent me that he took with his camera. they are in chronological order...

but still it is hard to say... they might be in alphabetical order? if the camera and phone both name pictures in a way that they would be alphabetically and chronologically in order at the same time...

if i had to guess though, it would be chronological by date taken (if timestamped by the camera) or date created on the computer.