How are the chances of the iphone 6 being waterproof/resistant?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alundra, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Alundra macrumors regular

With the sony xperia z1 and z2 being waterproof and the samsung galaxy s5 being water resistant, do you think apple will also try to compete in that area?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Short answer: 0 < P < 1

Longer answer: I wouldn't bet on it. Has the lack of waterproofing had a significant effect in iPhone sales? Have the Sony's taken the market by storm with people lining up to get them? Or the Samsung S4 Active; were those in high demand? Are there threads here showing people are clamoring to sell their iphones and go buy an S5 because of the water resistance? No? Then probably not a feature Apple will feel compelled to worry about.

3. B.Boston macrumors newbie

Yes but people were also not clamoring for the iPod either when it was introduced. Apple is very good at showing people what they want, even when the market is not already defined.

Still... I wouldn't bet on it either. I'd love it, but it doesn't seem likely yet.

4. cynics macrumors G4

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say zero.

I don't see apple doing this, but rather making the phone even thinner.

6. benguild macrumors 6502a

7. zedzded macrumors regular

You would think they would wouldn’t you? There a vast amount of Iphones that go up to Iphone heaven because of water damage, it would seem a logical thing for Apple to introduce… but then I guess they don’t need to. People buy Apple products regardless of what the competition is producing. If it doesn’t have an Apple logo on it, then they are not interested. Apple do not need to be innovative or inventive anymore. They would have to be producing products hugely inferior to their competitors for their customers to even contemplate switching sides and even then I would imagine they could still sell a crappy product and people will flock to buy it.

8. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

I hope not. They would need to cover the ports and that's such a pain to have those stupid little covers.