How are the consoles holding up?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Much Ado, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

So i was reading a Bioshock review (10/10, of course) and it mentioned minor 'pop-ups' in the 360 version, and then said that 'many of you will recognize this from other games.'

So is this a sign that the 360 is finally being challenged, or has it got bucket-loads of life yet?

I'm just interested to know how a 360 compares graphically to today's PCs, and at what point a low-to-mid end PC will actually overtake it in terms of power.

I'd imagine it and the PS3 will go on for many many more years, but in your opinions is the hardware still up to scratch?

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

360? Oh god yes. I can't talk for anything else, but looking at Bioshock first hand, and the screenshots of games coming later this year its got a long way to go.

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Well for Bioshock, I would say the PC version I have on my mbp looks better than the 360 version (although I don't get a solid 30 fps :p) but overall I think the PC version just looks better, a bit sharper, nicer textures, obviously better controls blah blah blah.

4. Much Ado thread starter macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Well this is the thing. If the current MBP (hardly a gaming monolith) can run it sharper than the 360, then would I just be better off avoiding the console, and waiting until my next computer purchase? (I'm looking to upgrade from my aging iMac sometime over the next 12 months).

Understandably, as Mark said, the graphics on the 360 are still out of this world, though.