how are the non-sport bands for exercise?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by acosmichippo, May 1, 2015.

1. acosmichippo macrumors regular

I'm specifically interested in the Milanese Loop. Has anyone exercised with it yet? Does it slip on your wrist when it gets sweaty? Does the magnet stay secure when jogging? Are you concerned with sweat/gunk getting caught in the mesh?

I have a white sport band, but I really just don't care for the look. It's fine for workouts, but the rest of the time I'd prefer something a little nicer. I love how the Milanese Loop looks, but I DON'T want to switch bands every time I go to the gym (Loop for most of the day, and Sport Band at the gym). That seems like it would be a pain in the ass, plus the high likelihood that I'd lose part of the bands in the locker room.

2. BrianNH macrumors member

I've used it several times for running. For me I can't imagine anything else because of the infinite adjustability. In order to get a good pulse, I need to slide it up my wrist (away from the hand) from where I normally have it. I can just push it up, tighten as needed and go. And no, mine doesn't loosen as I run, it stays put and sometimes I have to just slide it a bit to loosen.

I've figured out that it's easy to micro adjust just by sliding the magnet up or down, you don't have to lift it up even.