How are the refurbished ipods?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by efp722, Aug 7, 2008.

1. efp722 macrumors regular

I am seriously considering purchasing my ipod touch from apple.com as a refurbished model. The only thing i am worried about is it being noticeably used like a scratchs on the back and what not.

anyone ever buy a refurb unit?

Thanks!

2. bigm978 macrumors member

i got a refurb 8gb ipod touch a few month ago and it came scratchless and i have had no problems with it. you should look into buying and saving 100 bucks

3. efp722 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks man. I actually talked to someone on their website and they said the same thing. They replace all the backs and clean them all up inside and out.

I will be doing this.

4. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I just got a refurb one and it was in perfect condition so for sure go and order one. :apple:

5. cokids macrumors member

Yup, me too...

I've had my 8 gb Touch for about 2 weeks now and am one happy camper! It looks like new and other than an email glitch that won't allow me to access my home-based email program (GMail is working fine); it is 100% and FUN!

Beth

6. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

They Come in BRAND FRICKIN NEW SHAPE!! I got an 8gb last week and it was Absolutely PERFECT!!! It had some black stuff on the frame which I thought were scratches but found it was glue or something and I just wiped it off and you got a PERFECT Touch and Save $100:D

7. Heraklitus macrumors member

I bought a 32GB factory refurb off ebay for $320. It was sealed by Apple and had had a few extremely minor scratches on the back that were barely visible.

Otherwise it's working fine and seems basically brand new (other than some software issues with 2.0 of course).

I'm glad I saved the $200.

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I got a refurb as a replacement for my first touch that had some pretty bad problems. Wasn't too happy with it, in fact. It came sealed and everything, but there were some very odd-looking scratches for about 5 centimetres extending down from the Wi Fi receiver, several scratches above the cable connector, and even a scratch between the home button and the left edge of the iPod. I very nearly took it back to ask for another one, but they probably would have tried to tell me I scratched it myself.