how are the speakers on the Apple TB display???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by backinblack875, Feb 28, 2012.

1. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

good enough for main speakers or probably need to get good external ones as well.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

They're pretty good for OEM speakers. They've got a built in sub woofer so they're 2.1 speakers.

3. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

ya ik they had subwoofers so wasn't too sure how good they could be in such a thin monitor. guess ill just have to see when i get it

4. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

i have two TB displays and i'd say the speakers are pretty awful myself, but is a good thing they exist if needed in a pinch i guess.

5. colshine, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012

colshine macrumors regular

colshine

I agree with this but not everyone will find them good enough - it all depends on your needs.

6. rainydays macrumors 6502a

Exactly. They aren't really something to write home about, but they do what you expect of built in speakers. Ok for casual use, but if you listen to a lot of music or watch movies then you'll be wanting a good set of speakers.

The so called "subwoofer" is not a subwoofer in my world. It doesn't really come close to reproduce sub 100 Hz frequencies.

7. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

It's probably the best computer monitor speakers you're likely to find anywhere, unfortunately that doesn't really say much... :)

I think they're pretty passable all things considered. Obviously they're not going to be hifi class, there's not even any external speaker grilles, but even so they're alright methinks. I think they're good for casual movie watching (enjoying season 3 of "Lost" on DVD right now), streaming internet TV, playing World of Warcraft, and some light music playback via Spotify when I don't feel like booting up my noisy monster PC with its much fatter 5.1 sound system...

8. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Pretty much where I'd sum it up also. definitely would make even an entry level audiophile get a spastic twitch :)