How are the speakers on the new 27"?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by fattychalupa, Nov 9, 2009.

1. fattychalupa macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been beaten to death already, but just curious. I still have a 3 piece Bose speaker system that I recently purchased from Sam's Club, but I don't want to spoil the minimalism of the 27" I plan on buying soon.

Now of course, its obvious a dedicated speaker system will kick the built in ones of the iMac in the rear but thinking about those wires on my uncluttered desk is really painful

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I don't really know, but I'd imagine that they wouldn't be much different than the 24" previous gen ones. And that isn't too bad... For most things, though you can't get that much volume...

3. nicroma macrumors 6502a

nicroma

From what I have read, they are a lot better than the previous generation and it is immediately noticeable. I would hook up the Bose and do a comparison test to make your final decision.

4. robotkiller macrumors 6502

robotkiller

The speakers are actually very decent (for what they are)-- much better than the 24" in my opinion. And I'm an audiophile "snob" (Thiel speakers/Ayre amplification at home). The sound is fuller and overall volume is louder. Granted, these aren't seperates and monitor speakers, but for an in-built speaker, it's the best I've ever heard coming out of a computer.

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

So the speakers are better than the 24"... Does the same go for the 21.5"?

6. stever500 macrumors regular

They're fine for me. I'm not even going to get an external speakers with mine. I'm happy with the built in ones, though I don't watch movies or anything like that on mine.

7. mac-ho macrumors member

The stockers are more than enough for computer use. You will not need to max the volume.